Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sweden pt 3 - Home Haircuts and "myspace" syndrome




This photo in our bathroom is cute. Nobody ever thinks of toothbrushes as being in love, but I guess some are. Many 13 year olds (and 30 year olds) have inspired the shooting of these "myspace bathroom poses". LOOK SERIOUS.


I have been tossing up whether or not to go to one of the Turkish barbers near our apartment. I am hell bent on shooting them before I leave. Each little shop has its own charms. For example 1kg tubs of gel that look like they have been sitting there on display since 1989 when John and I used to use gel), interesting colour schemes, cool chairs, ugly couches, big price boards.. I just love them.


Anyhow, I haven't had my hair coloured in nearly 2 years, and I haven't cut it in like 9 months. Julia warned me DO NOT go to a barber as they only know how to do buzz cuts for men... Point taken I took to the bathroom with a pair of paper scissors ... People spend a lot of money on hair really, when it is quite fun doing it at home... but I guess my hair is easy coz the cut has looked the same since Grade 1... pretty much.


Sahin and his Mum post watching Kompis in their loungeroom which is filled with plants and hot pastries and happy tummies (me and Henrik). The verdict.. "IT IS GOOD" Sahin turned and nodded after the introduction... Watching him watch himself in my film is the best bit, nodding in agreeance with what he says, what he raps, and miming the words to Osamas rap too. Too cute, too cool. Love it.
Bunny Joy loves Smörgasbord the party cake. Henrik's auntie knits cute mittens for couples who walk in the cold together! They are attached in the middle! (Alf's birthday party)


My boys Sahin and Osama. Tonight Sahin asked if I have kids... Henrik told him I have dogs... and now I guess after a year working on it, this film is my kid. I love it.

I miss the kids. Looking forward to doggie beach time with them.

No comments: