Monday, November 27, 2006

Arms and The Boy -Prague cont'd


Boy oh boy I love shooting Prague. Especially this day here at the Metronom, best views, best company. This is where a lovely local at the time took me site seeing the first day we ever hung out. Very fun to be back there one year later. :)


Mucking about at the Praha carnival we frequented last year. It was closed, it is all run down and there are carivans scattered around where the dudes who operate the rides live. There were camels who we interrupted also... A hem... Words cant quite describe this place, it is eerie but wonderful. The Feist Mushaboom clip is shot here.


During our visit to Prague early November we shot a music video for Prague based US band Arms and The Boy. This surprising narrative based clip features actors from Russia, Slovakia, USA, Sweden, France, Australia, Ireland, UK and Norway! I love casting! :)

Here are some shots from the crazy day... and some of dear Pikey aka Aindrias who flew from Ireland via Paris to arrive with a cool 24 hours to spend with Hen and Gen! Well worth it!



This is Grace who I met last year when I interviewed her as part of my doco about 11 year olds around the world. She is 12 now, and looked fantastic in the music video! Her parents John and Jane and lil bro Stan also make appearances... I was thrilled to see them again! Such a cute family!Moody.



The happy ones!

Prague was also a treat coz I got to see Susie and Kate my high school buddies who live in London. We took full advantage of having them in Prague and threw them in a scene in the music video. Wait til you see em!



We ate and drank a lot (and often) at Radost which is heaven for the tummy. Katie and Susie got hooked too! Prague is still very cheap.
These kids reminded me of John. They were having a ball. Well, a serious ball.


Aindrias! The star of Malarkey the Shootout film we made this year. Best Actor for him and Best Director awarded to Joe Loh. Best leaf thrower was Henrik Nordstrom. I shot it. I also drank a milkshake that day and went loco. see www.genbailey.com for more info

We visited little Liam who is now 3. I stayed with him last year. He is still stuffing grapes down Phillip's mouth and holding his jaw closed... He is a good ol' dog.

I was a guest speaker in a couple of Czech English classes. I talked about filmmaking and Australia... I drew Australia on the whiteboard then pondered.. umm where do I go from here!

"What do you think about Aboroginal" one guy asked...

I am always intrigued to get an idea of what they think and know about Australia ... Bugs and insects, Irwin, Kangaroos to school?

They were pretty quiet and careful about answering that. I think I talked too fast! But they seemed to like my films so that was good.


I highly recommend Prague! If you are going write us first for tips... you really have to scratch the surface... dont scratch the Old Town Square tourists though they won't like it.
A full on eventful and productive week!

No comments: