Monday, November 27, 2006

3 cheers for Cadillac...






3 Cheers for Cadillac for being so wise and choosing one of Henrik's songs for their new 2007 AD CAMPAIGN! Man they are smart! Yep they have bought worldwide rights for one of Hanky boys tracks so if you are in the US keep your eyes on the telly. It is the Tiki Barber Escalade ad with him driving around in a Cadillac (funny that)... And for everyone else you can view it here

Cadillac AD click here

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/gallery.jsp?model=escalade&primary=5&secondary=1&media=video&year=2007

" Opportunities are seldom perfect, but I have learnt that if you are not ready for them they may not come again" -Tiki Barber (from the ad)

This song is his solo project called Melikka. Anyhow, I really mean 3 cheers for HENRIK....and 3 cheers to all the others who make music in their homes, their bedrooms and sheds. We like! Keep doing it. You never know when some lucrative advertising company will ring and ask "how much?"

I know for a fact that many of YOU reading this make gorgeous music so keep getting it out there!

We actually found a site full of people writing on a post - What is the name of the new Cadillac commerical song - we love it- etc etc which is pretty fun!
See below. I am proud, can you tell?

:)

Wondering if anyone knows the song from the new Cadillac commercial with Tiki Barber, talking about seizing the moment. Here's a link to it if you haven't seen it.

It was just on again during the Cowboys/Eagles game. All instrumental.
--------------
I've been looking for this song, too!! I posted something on Yahoo! questions, and I haven't received any responses yet. Hopefully someone will pull through.
--------------
It sounds like something by Aphex Twin. Off the ambient works CD. But I'm not sure.
--------------
I check the Ambient Works cd and surprisingly it does sound similar and I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of his tracks. I like Aphex Twin and obviously Richard D. James was heavily influential with electronic music. He's a genius.
-------------
None the less, I called up Cadillac customer relations and couldn't get an answer, but the lady was helpful but didn't really know what was going on I think. Here's the number if anyone else wants to give it a try: 1-800-458-8006. My mistake was I went to Customer Service instead of marketting. But I'll try it again later. It sounds like they have this information but she couldn't pull it up. She said people call all the time about the commercials and that they used to have the information so maybe she just didn't know what I was looking for.

Let's figure this thing out,
dookieman
-----------------
registered just so i could stay on top of this thread.

sounds aphex twin inspired but most likely not our boy Richard James. doesn't really sound like his drum sounds to me.

PLEASE someone figure this out.

that's all - j
----------------
Hi all.

Sorry.. No Aphex Twin... or Arovane.. I have all their stuff.

It's a tough one..

It's Melikka. He's distributed my Simballrec.. but I think you might find him on iTunes.

Anyway.. the songs called "Ocio".. by Melikka.
--------------

Enjoy.. It is a good song and a pretty recent one.

Seriously, thanks alot! I've been waiting for a while to find someone that finally knew the answer. You are elite.

One last request RE NOISE. Please cast a vote my way if you like my films.
http://www.noise.net/vote_for_art.asp
I know most of my friends have voted and thanks heaps to each of you I really appreciate your support. There are 4 days left... I am in place No 9 which is lovely really.

No comments: