Friday, November 30, 2007

We Are Together

I had a good time at Sheffield Doc Fest a couple of weeks ago. It was about a 2.5 hour train ride from London. The highlight was seeing We Are Together, am amazing film. Check out their website www.wearetogether.org
You can read about the film on the site.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/childrenofagape/from/simunyeproject
If you click here you can listen to my fave song from the film, sung by am amazing 7 year old, who is now approaching 11, if you get my drift! I now have my heart set on going to South Africa to meet Mbali. Her song is number 2, Pigogo, you can only hear a sample but her spirit comes blasting out of the speakers! I love it! Going to buy the CD now.

Happy Day is also very cool, but even more fun when you see the kids singing it in the studio. Such amazing faces and voices! I want a copy of the film to watch over and over. Now thats the sign of a great film! Its also extremely sad. It is such an important film, and I hope it gets released widely in Australia.

Theatrical Trailer

Add to My Profile | More Videos
Theatrical Trailer for Billy the Kid

Billy the Kid, one of my fave films of the year is being released theatrically in the US, which is a big deal for a doco so fingers crossed thousands of people flock to the cinemas! It really is an awesome film. Here are two trailers for it. Well done Chiemi, Jen and Billy!

BILLY THE KID - TRAILER

Add to My Profile | More Videos

It has been great to be based over here and see so many awesome films at festivals. Meeting the filmmakers and quizzing them about their processes has been really insightful indeed! I have learnt a lot about doco making, and hope to continue to put all these new skills in to practise.

No comments: