Kiss Kiss Kiss. ALWAYS 3. So when I met 8 new people that was 48 kisses in an hour! Hello and goodbyes. Doesn't matter if you dont swap names, but kissing, Oui!
I have been enjoying the beautiful village of Marguelone in the south of France! It has been so wonderful to get out of London and to experience a new Country. Marguleone is just outside of Montpellier where I flew for just 1 penny plus tax, yes its true, those cheap flights really do exist, and I am glad I took advantage of them even if they are super early in the morning when my chronic pain is at its worst.


Within minutes of landing I was instantly intrigued and sold on the area! Very different to Japan but that instant feeling of excitement and also calm that struck me when I first hit Tokyo, hit again. I am keen to go back and spend more time in France and with my new friends there. I really like the architecture! I loved the windy streets that had no cars parked on them as it looks so much nicer! I met the lovely Celine and she took us to her stepfathers house, where we spent night 1. His place is amazing, its 600 years old so I was just saying WOW a lot. I also said yummy a lot which everyone found cute... but everything really was yummy! I felt very at home, falling asleep in front of the fire place more than once! I was very well taken care of. Lucky girl.


The lovely Celine, voice of an Angel, but not in a Charlotte Church kinda way. Celine studied in India with Bahauddhin the Indian musician I shot on tour in 2002 around OZ. The wonder that is John Anderson facilitated this hook up and I am most grateful. We get on great! She has a great french accent but occasionaly slips in to a great Indian accent and wiggles her head. Very cute.
This is Celines sister Elsa with yummy french cake. Yes, I ate cake, oooh did I eat cakes! And I drank a lot of Cassis my fave drink in the whole world which I have only ever drunk in Japan but it is actually French. I highly recommend it with orange juice or soda. Its like alcoholic blackcurrant juice which is my fave childhood drink.
This is Celine's mum's house, so homely, huge rooms and big windows. I really enjoyed the space to write and relax.. But of course... my main priority? ELEVEN year old!?Within 24 hours we found Remi, he was recommended to us by Celines Mums neighbour. HER house was ridiculously gorgeous but I didn't photograph it! Next time!
Anyhow, in short, I had a SUPER time with Remi and his family, he is an amazing boy, a 'humanist' as he calls himself. He lives in a completely solar powered home by the sea and is a VERY exciting addition to my documentary. I am excited about editing. He will win hearts I am certain, he certainly won mine! He was gorgeous with his sisters Violette and Alice. They really wanted to come shoot with us and I am glad they did as it was a fun outing interviewing such lovely kids by the sea and in the French countryside! Pretty special!





Each time I packed up the camera something made me pull it out of the bag again. It was really hard to say goodbye to Remi and the girls! I get emotional wondering when I will see these 11 year old kids again! Remi really reminded me of someone, can you guess?



Remi suggested I shoot the moon from his garden.


So, words cant really describe how surreal getting a massage at a strangers dining table whilst watching Borat simultaneously on a huge plasma screened, being fed crossaints but said massage man who is smoking a cigarette and drinking wine. It was THAT scene in Borat, ay ay ay, very graphic! A long stretch from the little massage room I am used to on Lygon st with dear Valde! But still, an experience! I got 3 kisses of course but never actually got his name so I will call him smoking massage man. He explained to everyone in the room that he had never felt a back as bad as mine in his career.. and I am pretty sure his career expands past his lounge, he was quite good. So yeah my back and neck and pretty horrendous but I am keeping a brave face ! Necessary!

After massage I rang John to hear about the election news! I rang Joe and he was screaming so I assumed good things! YAH! We can look forward to a future with no Howard. I am glad, and I am guessing the vibe in Oz was huge this last week!

I really was meant to be in France, so many wonderful memories, thanks to Celine and everyone! It was nice to be in the Country my name originates from, which also meant that EVERYONE pronounced it correctly, as in, Shen-Fieff. Quite chic! They found my way, 'Genaveeve' quite funny!
Of course just minutes after the Ruddslide news I meet this little Frenchie at the door of smoking massage mans house. He was the first and last Frenchie I would see in France... and of course, he was 11!

More soon!

1 comment:
oh geno! it's just not fair how you take such amazing photos!
x
Post a Comment