







Well, seeing as this blog is called O Genki Desu Ka I thought I should post some Tokyo photos from my recent trip there, on my way home from Sweden. This blog is always out of order, but I will catch up with Sweden time and nice sunny photos there soon.

Shoes go in here when you arrive for dinner.

We had a last supper late at night at a local place. It was very pretty. It doesn't cost a lot to go to really nice pretty well presented places in Tokyo. I think most people think Tokyo is really expensive but eating out is very affordable.
Finding vegetarian food isn't very easy but it is possible.








This is my lovely friend Elisa - she is always so much fun, and her Mum Yoko is great too! Their english is SO good! They studied hard and it shows!
Why do I love Tokyo so much? So many reasons, all reasons that I know will still make me smile when I go again. For me, it feels like a playground that is always open, with no fences or mean kids that pick fights, or pick pockets. I love the light, both day and night, the energy, 'genki', the shops, the famly marts, the 100 Yen shops, the shoes, the affordable ways to socialise, the karaoke, cassius orange drinks, puri kura PURINTO KURABU = print club = very cute photo booths you can draw on the pics once you take them... (see last Tokyo blog), ahh there are so many more reasons, the people, their playfulness and spontaneity! I long for spontaneous bugs to infect all my friends in Melbourne. I love the people in Tokyo, the energy and the possibility of new adventures at every new corner.
I shot a lot of video stuff I am super happy with in Tokyo, so with some good editing sessions, they will be ready to view soon. It was great to catch up with people like Dhugal and Yuko his super cute girlfriend eating peas above. And Nick who shot some cool pics with me in Harajuku which was a very memorable visit. Every visit to Harajuku is a good time! More soon...

No comments:
Post a Comment